If you’re a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, you’re going to love this recipe for a decadent chocolate peanut butter cake with homemade ganache. This recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is a mouth-watering cake that is perfect for any occasion. In this article, we’ll walk you through each step of the process and provide you with helpful tips along the way.
Decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
Before we dive into the recipe, let's take a look at the ingredients you’ll need:
Ingredients You'll Need to Make the Cake:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter (for the peanut butter ganache swirl, optional)
How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Ganache:
To make the homemade chocolate ganache, you will need:
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making the ganache:
- Heat the heavy cream in a medium saucepan over low heat until it begins to simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until they are melted and smooth.
- Let the ganache cool until it thickens slightly, but is still pourable.
Optional Peanut Butter Ganache Swirl Ingredients:
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, softened
If you decide to add a peanut butter ganache swirl to your cake, here’s how to make it:
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, and butter until it is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the cake batter and swirl it with a knife.
This cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it's a birthday, holiday, or just a special treat for yourself. The combination of rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Plus, it's easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings or decorations. So go ahead and indulge in this decadent chocolate peanut butter cake!
Step-by-Step Directions for Making the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease two 9-inch (23-cm) cake pans with cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the boiling water and mix until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake the cakes for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 5-10 minutes before removing them from the pans and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you’re adding the peanut butter ganache swirl, follow the above steps to make the ganache and swirl mixture and add it on top of the chocolate cake layers before sandwiching the cake together.
- Once you’ve added the ganache, sandwich both layers together with the top layer also covered with ganache.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate shavings or peanuts if desired.
- Serve the cake and enjoy!
That’s it! With these simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can create a delicious chocolate peanut butter cake with homemade ganache that looks and tastes amazing. Enjoy!
For an extra special touch, try adding a layer of sliced bananas in between the cake layers before adding the peanut butter ganache. This will add a delicious fruity flavor that pairs perfectly with the chocolate and peanut butter.
If you’re looking to make this cake even more decadent, try adding a layer of chocolate mousse in between the cake layers. Simply whip up a batch of your favorite chocolate mousse recipe and spread it evenly on top of one of the cake layers before adding the peanut butter ganache and sandwiching the cake together.