If you're a garlic and parmesan lover, then you're in for a treat with this air fryer recipe for garlic parmesan pizza rolls. The air fryer is an excellent alternative to traditional oven baking because it reduces the cooking time and produces crispy results in a matter of minutes. In this article, we'll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make garlic parmesan pizza rolls in your air fryer and share some tips and tricks to take your recipe to the next level. Let's get started!
How to make garlic parmesan pizza rolls in your air fryer
To make garlic parmesan pizza rolls in your air fryer, you first need to gather all the necessary ingredients. For this recipe, you'll need pre-made pizza dough, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, butter, and pizza sauce. Here's how you can prepare this delicious dish in a few easy steps:
- Spread the pre-made pizza dough on a floured surface and cut it into small squares.
- Brush each square with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Place a spoonful of pizza sauce in the center of each square, and add any additional toppings you desire, such as pepperonis or mushrooms.
- Fold the edges of each square to make a ball and pinch the seams to seal the filling inside.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F and place the garlic parmesan pizza rolls inside the basket.
- Air fry for 7-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove from the air fryer, and sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and chopped parsley or basil.
- Serve your garlic parmesan pizza rolls hot with a side of marinara sauce or any other dipping sauce you prefer.
Now that you know the recipe for making garlic parmesan pizza rolls in an air fryer let's dive into some helpful tips and tricks that can help you take your recipe to the next level.
Firstly, you can experiment with different types of cheese to add more flavor to your pizza rolls. Mozzarella, cheddar, or even blue cheese can be used instead of parmesan cheese. Secondly, you can add some herbs like oregano or thyme to the pizza sauce to give it a more robust flavor.
Another tip is to make sure that the pizza rolls are sealed tightly before air frying them. This will prevent the filling from leaking out and ensure that the rolls are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Additionally, you can brush the pizza rolls with some olive oil before air frying them to make them even crispier.
Tips and tricks for getting the crispiest garlic parmesan pizza rolls in your air fryer
To achieve the crispiest garlic parmesan pizza rolls, you may want to try some of the following tips and tricks:
- Prick each roll with a fork before air frying to allow steam to escape and prevent them from exploding.
- Brush the rolls with butter or olive oil before air frying to enhance their flavor and promote browning.
- Place the rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket and avoid overcrowding to ensure even cooking and crispy results.
- Flip the rolls halfway through the cooking time to ensure both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Experiment with different seasonings and toppings to create unique flavor combinations and variations.
Another tip to achieve the crispiest garlic parmesan pizza rolls is to preheat your air fryer before cooking. This will ensure that the rolls cook evenly and become crispy on the outside while remaining soft and chewy on the inside.
If you want to make your pizza rolls healthier, you can try using whole wheat or gluten-free pizza dough and low-fat cheese. You can also add some vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms to make them more nutritious and flavorful.
Five variations of garlic parmesan pizza rolls to try in your air fryer
If you're feeling adventurous, here are five variations of garlic parmesan pizza rolls to try in your air fryer:
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella: add sliced pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese to the filling.
- Mushroom and Spinach: add sautéed mushrooms and spinach to the filling for a vegetarian option.
- Bacon and Ranch: add crumbled bacon and a drizzle of ranch dressing to the filling for a savory flavor.
- Jalapeño and Cheddar: add diced jalapeños and shredded cheddar cheese to the filling for a spicy kick.
- Hawaiian: add diced ham and pineapple chunks to the filling for a tropical flavor.
Don't be afraid to experiment with your own unique combinations of ingredients! Consider adding different types of cheese, vegetables, or meats to create your own personalized pizza rolls. You can also try using different types of dough, such as whole wheat or gluten-free, to cater to different dietary needs. The possibilities are endless with this versatile and delicious snack.
The best dipping sauces to pair with your garlic parmesan pizza rolls from the air fryer
Garlic parmesan pizza rolls are delicious on their own, but pairing them with the right dipping sauce can take them to the next level. Here are some dipping sauce ideas that are perfect for garlic parmesan pizza rolls:
- Marinara sauce
- Garlic butter sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- Sriracha mayo
If you're feeling adventurous, you can also try making your own dipping sauce at home. A simple and delicious option is to mix together equal parts of mayonnaise and sour cream, and then add in some minced garlic, chopped parsley, and a squeeze of lemon juice. This tangy and creamy sauce pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of garlic parmesan pizza rolls.
How to store and reheat leftover garlic parmesan pizza rolls from the air fryer
If you have any leftover garlic parmesan pizza rolls, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat them, preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook the rolls for 4-5 minutes until warm and crispy. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
It's important to note that when reheating pizza rolls, you should avoid using a toaster or toaster oven. These appliances can cause the cheese to melt and drip onto the heating elements, which can create a fire hazard. Additionally, if you plan on freezing your leftover pizza rolls, make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in the freezer.
If you want to add some extra flavor to your reheated pizza rolls, try brushing them with a little bit of garlic butter or olive oil before reheating. You can also sprinkle some additional parmesan cheese or Italian seasoning on top for an extra burst of flavor. With these tips, you can enjoy your leftover garlic parmesan pizza rolls just as much as you did when they were fresh out of the air fryer!
Frequently asked questions about making garlic parmesan pizza rolls in an air fryer
Here are some commonly asked questions about making garlic parmesan pizza rolls in an air fryer:
- Can I make garlic parmesan pizza rolls from scratch?
- What other air fryer recipes can I make?
- How long does it take to preheat an air fryer?
- Do I need to use cooking spray in my air fryer?
- What size air fryer do I need to make garlic parmesan pizza rolls?
Now you know everything you need to make the perfect garlic parmesan pizza rolls in your air fryer. With these tips and tricks, you'll be able to take your recipe to the next level and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. Bon appétit!
One additional tip to keep in mind when making garlic parmesan pizza rolls in an air fryer is to make sure you don't overcrowd the basket. It's important to leave enough space between each roll to allow for proper air circulation and even cooking. If you have a large batch to make, consider cooking them in multiple batches to ensure they all come out perfectly crispy and delicious.