Nothing beats sinking your teeth into a juicy, succulent burger. Whether you like them classic, gourmet, or vegetarian, Florida has no shortage of delicious burger joints. In this article, we'll explore the best burger places in Florida, their unique offerings, and everything in between. So, grab a napkin and get ready to drool as we take you on a mouth-watering journey through Florida's burger scene.
Top 10 Burger Joints in Florida
Let's start off with the crème de la crème of Florida's burger places. The competition for the top spot is fierce, but here are our top 10 picks:
- Kush, Miami
- BurgerFi, Multiple Locations
- Whataburger, Multiple Locations
- Kuma Burger, Flagler Beach
- The Grind Burger Bar, Ormond Beach
- Burger Culture, Ft. Myers
- Burger 21, Multiple Locations
- Flipper's Burgers, Tampa
- Square 1 Burgers, Multiple Locations
- The Pendant, Winter Park
Each of these burger joints has unique offerings, from Kush's exotic meat burgers to BurgerFi's all-natural Angus beef patties. You're sure to find something that suits your taste buds among these top picks.
But there are also some honorable mentions that didn't quite make the top 10 list. For example, if you're in the mood for a classic diner-style burger, check out The Floridian in St. Augustine. Or, if you're looking for a burger joint with a fun atmosphere and creative toppings, try out Burger Monger in Clearwater. And for those who prefer a plant-based burger, VeganBurg in Miami Beach offers a variety of delicious options.
Florida’s Favorite Burger Places
In addition to our top 10 picks, Florida has several other burger places that are popular with locals and tourists alike. These include:
- Charm City Burger Company, Deerfield Beach
- Mr. Dunderbak's, Tampa
- Shake Shack, Multiple Locations
- Top Notch Hamburgers, Tampa
- 5 Guys, Multiple Locations
- Crafty Bastards Craft Beer and Burgers, Tampa
- The Black Sheep, Jacksonville
- Red Robin, Multiple Locations
- The Habit Burger Grill, Multiple Locations
- Rooster and the Till, Tampa
- MELT, Multiple Locations
These burger places come highly recommended by Floridians and burger enthusiasts alike. Each has its own flavorful creations and aesthetic, and it's well worth trying them out for yourself.
One burger place that stands out among the rest is Kuma's Corner, located in Fort Lauderdale. Known for their massive, juicy burgers and unique toppings, Kuma's Corner has quickly become a favorite among locals. Their signature burger, the Kuma Burger, is topped with bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a fried egg. They also offer a variety of craft beers to pair with your meal. If you're a burger lover, Kuma's Corner is definitely worth a visit.
The Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Burger in Florida
What makes a burger great? Is it the juicy patty, the toppings, the buns, or the sauce? It's hard to narrow down, but we can tell you that Florida's best burger places all have one thing in common: quality ingredients. Locally sourced meats, homemade sauces, and freshly baked buns are just a few of the things that set these burger places apart. Some also offer unique toppings, such as guava jelly, fried egg, or truffle aioli, which take their burgers to the next level.
When it comes to finding the best burger in Florida, it's all about experimenting. Try different styles, toppings, and sauces to see what you like best. Also, keep an eye out for secret menu items – some burger places have hidden gems that aren't listed on the regular menu.
One of the best burger places in Florida is Shake Shack, which originated in New York City. Their burgers are made with 100% all-natural Angus beef and served on a potato bun. They also offer a variety of unique toppings, such as crispy shallots and ShackSauce, which is a blend of mayo, ketchup, and spices. Another great burger place is BurgerFi, which prides itself on using only the freshest ingredients. Their burgers are made with grass-fed beef and topped with a variety of options, including bacon jam and truffle aioli.
If you're looking for a more upscale burger experience, head to The Capital Grille. Their signature burger is made with Wagyu beef and topped with smoked bacon and aged cheddar cheese. It's served on a brioche bun and accompanied by truffle fries. The restaurant also offers a variety of other gourmet burgers, such as the Lobster and Crab Burger and the Wild Mushroom Burger.
Hidden Gem Burger Spots in Florida
Looking for something off the beaten track? Check out these hidden gem burger spots:
- The Avenue Eat + Drink, St. Petersburg
- The Blind Monk, West Palm Beach
- Doyle's Pub, Dade City
- Black Sheep Restaurant, Jacksonville
- Brooklyn Water Bagel, Multiple Locations
- Mary's Gourmet Kitchen, Gainesville
- Craft Bar Kitchen, Jupiter
- Sanford Brewing Company, Sanford
These burger places may not be as well-known as some of the others on our list, but they're well worth the visit. Each has its own charm and unique offerings, and you're sure to find a mouth-watering burger that satisfies your cravings.
If you're looking for a burger spot with a view, head to The Avenue Eat + Drink in St. Petersburg. This restaurant is located on Beach Drive and offers outdoor seating with a beautiful view of the waterfront. It's the perfect spot to enjoy a delicious burger while taking in the scenery.
For those who prefer a more upscale burger experience, check out Craft Bar Kitchen in Jupiter. This restaurant offers a variety of gourmet burgers made with high-quality ingredients. They also have a great selection of craft beers to pair with your meal.
The Most Mouth-Watering Burgers in Florida
What makes a burger incredibly delicious? The answer is simple – the flavor. Florida's burger places know how to create dishes bursting with flavor that leave a lasting impression. Here are some stand-out burgers that you simply must try:
- Osteria Tulia's Porchetta Burger, Naples
- The Southern Burger from The Ravenous Pig, Winter Park
- The Black and Blue Burger from Graffiti Junktion, Orlando
- The Mac Attack Burger from The Pub, Pembroke Pines
- The Off The Menu Burger from Gordo's Cuban Cuisine, Orlando
- The PBJ & Bacon Burger from The Local, Naples
- The Rossini Burger from Burger Bar, Palm Beach Gardens
- The Ultimate Burger from DB Bistro Moderne, Miami
From sweet and savory to spicy and succulent, these burgers know how to tickle your taste buds. If you're in the area, be sure to check them out for a meal you won't soon forget.
But it's not just the burgers themselves that make these places stand out. Many of them also offer unique and creative toppings, such as fried eggs, avocado, and even peanut butter. And let's not forget about the sides – from truffle fries to onion rings, these burger joints know how to do sides right. So, if you're a burger lover, Florida is definitely the place to be.
From Miami to Orlando: The Best Burgers Across the State
Do you want to go on a burger tour of Florida? Here are some must-visit spots that are well worth the drive:
- The Local, Naples – for the PBJ & Bacon Burger
- The Ravenous Pig, Winter Park – for the Southern Burger
- Osteria Tulia, Naples – for the Porchetta Burger
- Brooks Burgers, Naples – for the Classic Cheeseburger
- The Joint, Miami – for the Joint Burger
- Graffiti Junktion, Orlando – for the Black and Blue Burger
- Burger Culture, Ft. Myers – for the Burnt Ends BBQ Burger
- Earth and Us Farm Kitchen, Miami – for the Vegan Cheeseburger
These burger places represent the best of Florida's foodie scene. You'll need a hearty appetite and a road map, but the journey is worth it.
But the burger scene in Florida doesn't stop there. If you're looking for something a little different, head to The Avenue in Tallahassee for their famous Mac and Cheese Burger. Or, if you're in the mood for a burger with a view, check out Beach House Burgers in Bradenton Beach, where you can enjoy your meal right on the beach.
And for those who want to take their burger game to the next level, visit BurgerFi in Aventura, where they offer a unique Wagyu beef burger topped with truffle aioli and blue cheese. It's a bit pricier than your average burger joint, but the quality and taste are worth it.
A Foodie’s Guide to the Best Burgers in Florida
If you're a true foodie, you probably want to know more about the cooking techniques, the ingredients and the inspiration behind the burgers you eat. Here are some inside tips:
- At Kush in Miami, they use exotic meats like bison, wild boar, and even gator in their burgers for a unique flavor.
- BurgerFi is committed to serving all-natural Angus beef patties, and their signature fries come with a wide range of toppings, from parmesan and herb to salt and vinegar.
- Whataburger's signature burger features two all-beef patties, melted cheese, crispy bacon, and grilled onions.
- Top Notch Hamburgers in Tampa has been around since 1949, and their burgers are still made with the same recipe and ingredients.
- Square 1 Burgers offers a build-your-own-burger option, allowing you to choose from a variety of meats, toppings, and sauces.
Florida's burger places take pride in their cooking methods, ingredients, and unique twists. Each one has its own story and culinary inspiration that make their burgers stand out from the rest.
Juicy, Delicious and Affordable: The Best Budget Burgers in Florida
Not every burger has to leave a dent in your wallet. Here are some budget-friendly options that will still leave you feeling satisfied:
- In-N-Out, Multiple Locations
- Five Guys, Multiple Locations
- Checkers, Multiple Locations
- McDonald's, Multiple Locations
- Burger King, Multiple Locations
- Steak 'n Shake, Multiple Locations
These fast-casual chains are perfect for those on a budget but still want to indulge in a juicy, satisfying burger. They offer a variety of options at affordable prices, so you can enjoy a delicious meal without breaking the bank.
Expert Reviews: The Best Burger Places You Must Try in Florida
What do Florida's food critics have to say about the burger places in the Sunshine State? Here are some of the top-rated burger places by the experts:
- BurgerFi – "The perfect balance of crunch, tang, and taste" – The Food Network
- Whataburger – "A beloved Texas classic that's expanding in Florida" – Eater
- Shake Shack – "A must-visit for burger lovers" – Thrillist
- The Ravenous Pig – "A pork burger stuffed with fried green tomatoes, pork belly, and pepper jelly – pure magic" – Visit Florida
- Crafty Bastards – "Craft beer, bourbon, and seriously good burgers" – Southern Living
These expert reviews validate the exceptional quality of Florida's burger places. With flavors and techniques that stand the test of scrutiny, these restaurants are worth the visit.
Ranking the Best Burgers in Florida by Taste, Value, and Quality
Who doesn't love a good ranking system? Here's a breakdown of Florida's best burgers based on their taste, value, and quality:
- Kuma Burger
- The Grind Burger Bar
- Burger 21
- Flipper's Burgers
- Square 1 Burgers
- Burger Culture
- The Pendant
- The Black Sheep
Each of these burger places struck the perfect balance between taste, value, and quality. Whether you're looking for an affordable burger that deeply satisfies, or a gourmet option that takes your culinary experience to the next level, these burger places come highly recommended.
Gourmet Burgers vs Classic Burgers: Which One is the Best in Florida?
Gourmet burgers have been on the rise in recent years, but classic burgers still hold a special place in many people's hearts. We compare the two:
Gourmet burgers offer a unique twist on the classic burger, often featuring non-traditional toppings and sauces. Florida has its own share of gourmet burger places, including:
- The Ravenous Pig
- DB Bistro Moderne
- The Burger Bar
- Brooks Burgers
A gourmet burger is often an explosion of flavors, with unique combinations that surprise and delight your taste buds. They offer a culinary experience beyond the typical burger.
A classic burger is a tried and true formula that rarely disappoints. It's the baseline from which all burgers are compared, and Florida has some excellent classic burger places, such as:
- Five Guys
- Steak 'n Shake
- Burger King
A classic burger is a simple meal with essential toppings allowing the beef patty to be the star. It remains one of life's simple pleasures.
In the end, it comes down to personal preference. Both gourmet burgers and classic burgers have their merits and appeal. But one thing is for sure – Florida has no shortage of both kinds of burger joints.
Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Burger Places in Florida
Not a meat-eater? No problem – Florida has a variety of vegetarian and vegan-friendly burger places, including:
- Green Bar Kitchen
- Native Sun
- The Burgernator
- Sunflower Bakery & Cafe
These burger places offer creative and delicious meat-free alternatives, such as veggie, black bean, or seitan burgers. They also often offer gluten-free and dairy-free options to cater to an even wider range of dietary restrictions.
Where to Find the Biggest and Most Over-the-Top Burgers in Florida
Looking for a burger that's larger than life? Check out these places that serve burgers big enough to feed an army:
- PDQ – Their crispy chicken sandwich is topped with honey butter and three strips of bacon. It's delightfully massive.
- Stacked Eatery Co. – Home to the East Coast's biggest burgers, these burgers come in three different sizes all sure to satisfy.
- Burgers & Suds - The name says it all. They offer the largest and most dizzying array of burgers with everything from classic favorites to over-the-top creations like their Leaning Tower of Cheese Burger.
These burger places take their burgers to a whole new level, with towering stacks of patties, heaps of toppings, and oversized buns. If you're up for the challenge, be sure to bring your appetite and maybe a few friends.
The History of Burgers in Florida: How Did They Become So Popular?
Florida's love affair with burgers has a rich and fascinating history. From its early days as a roadside food stalls to the modern-day gourmet burger revolution, burgers have been a staple of the state's culinary landscape. The first burgers in Florida were created in the 1890s, and by the mid-1900s, burger stands and diners dotted the state's highways and byways. In the 1980s and 1990s, fast-food chains like McDonald's and Burger King dominated the scene, but they've since given way to a more artisanal and gourmet burger culture.