Air Fryer Pasta Chips
How to cook pasta in an air fryer
So you are looking to find out how to cook pasta in your air fryer?
Or you may be here to find out "can you cook pasta in an air fryer?"
Well, Yes you can cook pasta in the air fryer! It's quick, easy and delicious!
I hope you enjoy my air fryer pasta chips recipe: crispy, crunchy and super tasty!
In this post I will tell you:
- All the Ingredients you will need for air fryer pasta chips
- My top tips to make the most delicious pasta in an air fryer
- Step-by-step air fryer pasta chips recipe
- Benefits of cooking pasta in an air fryer
- How to serve air fryer pasta chips
Antwan’s Top Tips for cooking pasta in an Air Fryer
Here are my top tips for achieving perfectly cooked pasta in the air fryer every time.
- This air fryer pasta recipe only takes 20 minutes, perfect if you need something quick for the family!
- The best type of pastas to cook in an air fryer are rigatoni penne, fusilli or farfalle.
- Boil your pasta so that it is “firm” to bite for best results!
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you have too much pasta in one batch, it might not cook evenly or get crispy enough
- Did you know? Cooking pasta in an air fryer is also known as “Air fryer Pasta Chips” and went viral on TikTok this year!
Air Fryer Pasta Chips Ingredients
Air fryer pasta chips are a delicious and crispy snack. Here are the ingredients you'll need to cook pasta in an air fryer:
- 8 oz of pasta: You can use any type of pasta, such as penne, rigatoni, or macaroni.
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil: For coating the pasta and making it crispy
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese (grated or powdered)
- ¼ teaspoon oregano powder
- ¼ teaspoon basil powder
- big pinch salt
- big pinch black pepper
Seasonings: You can use a variety of seasonings to add flavor. Some popular options include:
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes (for some heat, if desired)
- Marinara sauce or dip (optional): For serving alongside the pasta chips.
Equipment: Your Air Fryer of choice!
Got your ingredients ready?
Now it is time to follow our easy Air Fryer Pasta Chips recipe.
How to make pasta in the Air Fryer? (Air Fryer Pasta Chips)
Here are the Step-by-step instructions for cooking pasta in the air fryer:
- Boil the pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain.
- Place pasta and add your chosen seasoning.
- Toss with the olive oil, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese until evenly coated.
- Place the pasta in a single layer in the air fryer basket
- Air fry at 390F (200C) for 8-12 minutes, tossing every few minutes by shaking the air fryer basket, until golden brown and crispy
How long does it take to cook pasta in an air fryer?
Now that I have answered “can I cook pasta in an air fryer?” One of the most common questions I get next is “how long does it take to cook pasta in an air fryer?”
Air Fryer Pasta Chips Cooking Times:
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
How to serve Air Fryer Pasta Chips
My “how to cook pasta in an air fryer recipe” serving info:
- Number of servings: 4
- Cuisine: American
Remove the pasta from the air fryer and serve immediately, topped with your favorite sauce or seasoning.
Air-fried pasta can be served as a stand-alone meal or as a side dish to complement other dishes.
Pair it with a simple green salad or roasted vegetables for a nutritious and satisfying meal.
You can also serve it with garlic bread or breadsticks for a classic Italian twist.
For a beverage pairing, consider a crisp white wine like Pinot Grigio or a light beer like a Pilsner.
How to store Air Fryer Pasta Chips?
If you don’t eat all of your air-fried pasta chips in one sitting, store them in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for up to three days.
When you're ready to enjoy them again, simply reheat in your air fryer for a minute or two.
Creative ways to season your air-fried pasta chips
One of the great things about air-fried pasta is how versatile it is when it comes to seasoning and sauce pairings.
- You can keep it simple with just olive oil and Parmesan cheese
- Or get creative with pesto, lemon zest, or grilled vegetables.
- You can also add protein like grilled chicken or shrimp for a more filling meal.
The possibilities are endless, so don't be afraid to experiment and find your favorite seasoning combinations.
What to do if your air fryer pasta chips are too hard?
When cooking pasta in an air fryer, sometimes you can be left with hard leathery pasta.
Air-fried pasta chips offer a satisfying crunch, yet there's a fine line between achieving the perfect texture and making them overly hard.
The level of crispiness largely depends on how long you fry them, giving you control over the outcome.
Air Fry them too briefly, and they might turn out chewy; fry them for too long, and you'll have chips that resemble concrete.
Keep a watchful eye on the pasta during air frying to avoid the disappointment of overly dried-out chips!
Can you cook pasta in an air fryer?
Yes, you can indeed cook pasta in an air fryer. Any kind of pasta bake that will turn out really well when cooked in an air fryer.
My air fryer pasta chips recipe is a perfect example of the best way to cook pasta in an air fryer.
However, I do advise against using an air fryer for pasta dishes that are heavy on sauce.
What is air fryer pasta?
Sometimes referred to as "air fryer pasta chips" (a clever name), air fryer pasta is essentially pasta that's been boiled, drained, and then coated with a bit of oil before being air-fried until it turns wonderfully crispy.
This particular air fryer recipe gained widespread popularity on TikTok, and countless individuals have put their own unique spins on it.
The result is pasta that remarkably resembles potato chips, making it a delightfully addictive snack.
Why should you make air fryer pasta?
Benefits of cooking pasta in an air fryer
The main advantage of cooking pasta in an air fryer is speed. Unlike boiling water on the stovetop, an air fryer can heat up and cook your pasta in a matter of minutes.
Additionally, air frying can give your pasta a crunchy texture that you might not get with boiling or baking.
This unique texture can add a fun, unexpected twist to classic pasta dishes. Moreover, air frying can save you time and reduce the amount of cleanup you need to do.
With just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious pasta meal without much effort or mess.
Another benefit of cooking pasta in an air fryer is that it allows you to experiment with different flavors and seasonings.
You can try adding different herbs, spices, and even cheeses to your pasta to create unique and flavorful dishes.
What type of pasta works best in an air fryer?
Not all pasta is suitable for air frying. Thin noodles like angel hair or spaghetti might not hold up well in an air fryer, whereas thicker noodles like rigatoni or penne are more suitable.
Additionally, pasta with ridges or pockets, like fusilli or farfalle, can hold onto sauces and seasonings better than flat noodles. Ultimately, the best pasta for air frying is one that can maintain its shape and texture despite the heat.
Another factor to consider when choosing pasta for air frying is the cooking time.
Some types of pasta, like lasagna noodles, may take longer to cook in an air fryer than others. It's important to keep an eye on the pasta and adjust the cooking time as needed to ensure it doesn't overcook or become too crispy.
Finally, it's worth noting that air frying pasta can be a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods. By using an air fryer, you can achieve a crispy texture without the need for excess oil. This can be especially beneficial for those looking to reduce their calorie or fat intake.
Cleaning and maintaining your air fryer after cooking pasta
So you have tried my recipe for how to cook pasta in an air fryer… now for the cleaning up!
Cleaning your air fryer after cooking pasta is relatively easy. Allow the fryer to cool down completely before cleaning.
Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe down the basket and the exterior of the fryer. If any food is stuck to the basket, gently scrub it with a non-abrasive brush. Make sure the basket is completely dry before storing it.
Keeping your air fryer clean and maintained will ensure that it lasts longer and operates effectively for the long term.
Now that you know everything there is to know about cooking pasta in the air fryer, it's time to try it for yourself.