Straight out of Buffalo where the Buffalo Wings originated! Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings made simple in an Instant Pot and without the fry.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
Having been in the restaurant business since I was 14 years old, I would say I’ve learned a trick or two. Having owned a pizzeria in Buffalo and a Snack Bar in Florida, I’ve used this recipe many times. And I must say they are always a hit. My customers at the snack bar were sad to me go when I sold it. The guy who bought it changed everything. Needless to say that he wasn’t in business very long before he sold it to someone else. My motto is that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees. 🙁
With this recipe and any of the wing recipes, you can save time by purchasing already-trimmed wings. However, you can save some money by trimming them yourself. See photo for approximate location of where to cut each whole wing. They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock later.
Instant Pot Frozen Wings Cook Time
Prep time: 10 minutes
Active cook time: 14-16 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
Keto Buffalo Chicken Wings instant pot Ingredients
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- 1 t. garlic powder, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. water
- Sliced celery, for serving
- Blue cheese for dipping
Buffalo Wing Sauce Ingredients
- 1 C Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
How to Make Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings
- Sprinkle wings with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and adjust the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- While the wings cook, whisk the Frank’s hot sauce, melted butter, and remaining garlic powder in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When done cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Carefully remove lid and transfer
wings to a large bowl. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the buffalo sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat this process.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining buffalo sauce. Serve immediately with sliced celery and blue cheese on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.
Buffalo Wing Sauce Ingredients
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3552Total Fat: 269gSaturated Fat: 99gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 147gCholesterol: 886mgSodium: 4388mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 177g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.