The tailgating season is upon us my friends-we have officially entered into one of the best times of the year for sports with college football, NFL, and baseball regularly in rotation.
- Choose the right location. When choosing a location for your tailgate party, consider the following factors:
- Proximity to the stadium: You want to be close enough to the stadium that you can walk to the game, but not so close that you're in the middle of the traffic.
- Shade: If you're tailgating in the summer, you'll want to find a spot with some shade. A tailgating canopy is a great way to provide shade and protection from the rain.
- Space: You'll need enough space to set up your table and chairs, grill, and coolers. You'll also want to leave enough space for people to move around comfortably.
- Plan your food and drinks. When planning your food and drinks, consider the following factors:
- Check out the top 70 tailgate recipes: Our top tailgating recipes for chicken wings, kabobs, and dips to snacks are perfect during a game day party to suit YOUR taste buds
- The number of guests you're expecting: You'll want to have enough food and drinks for everyone.
- The time of day: If you're tailgating in the morning, you'll want to serve more breakfast-type foods. If you're tailgating in the afternoon or evening, you'll want to serve more lunch- or dinner-type foods.
- The weather: If it's a hot day, you'll want to serve foods and drinks that are refreshing and easy to eat. If it's a cold day, you'll want to serve foods and drinks that are warm and hearty.
- Set up your tailgate area. Once you've chosen a location and planned your food and drinks, it's time to set up your tailgate area. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Set up your table and chairs.
- Set up your grill.
- Set up your coolers.
- Put out your food and drinks.
- Add some team spirit. Decorate your tailgate area with team flags, banners, and other team spirit items.
- Enjoy the party! Once your tailgate area is set up, it's time to enjoy the party! Here are a few tips:
- Have some fun games. Tailgating games are a great way to entertain your guests before the game starts. Some popular tailgating games include cornhole, ladder toss, and beanbag toss.
- Play some music. Playing music is a great way to set the mood and create a fun and festive atmosphere.
- Be a good neighbor. Be respectful of your neighbors and don't be too loud.
- Clean up after yourself. After the game, be sure to clean up after yourself. Pick up all of your trash and leave your tailgate area as you found it.
The top must-have items to ensure your tailgate party is a hit:
To aid in your tailgating experience we listed some great ways to show your support for your favorite team and to have fun with friends and family before, during, and after the game. But hosting a tailgate party can be a lot of work. Here are some tips on how to host a tailgate party with the top must-have items listed below:
- Portable grill (charcoal or gas)
- Folding table and chairs
- Cooler/ Cooler bag
- Paper plates and cutlery, napkins, Trash bags, shot cups
- Grilling Accessories (cooking tools set, gloves, seasoning)
- Team merchandise (college, NFL)
- Condiments/ packets
- Tailgating games (beer pong,giant tumble tower, cornhole, hook & ring)
- Tailgating Accessories (wagon, picnic caddy, portable power station, portable speaker/ karaoke speaker
- Tailgating tents/ canopies
Securing these items will help you to host a successful tailgate party that your guests will enjoy and your tailgating experience a supreme hit!