A delicious and easy BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe that can also be made with a cauliflower pizza crust and rotisserie chicken along with your favorite Memphis BBQ sauce.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
It’s National Pizza Day (okay so maybe we are a day or two late as it was February 9th) and while you could have the same old boring cheese or pepperoni pizza, why not try something new? This BBQ chicken pizza is something that everyone in the family will enjoy.
It’s got the flavors of summer but is perfect for winter. The smoky flavor of the barbecue sauce and the juicy chicken work beautifully with the pizza crust. You could even add some barbecue seasoning to the edge of the crust to add a bit more flavor.
If you like veggies, have fun with adding more toppings. Like heat? Try simmering your barbecue sauce with a pepper you’ve cut in half to infuse the sauce with a bit of heat or try these amazing sweet and spicy bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers.
BBQ Pizza recipe Ingredients:
- Pre-made pizza crust or cauliflower pizza crust
- Shredded chicken – homemade or rotisserie
- Pepper jack cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- BBQ sauce (I use sweet baby rays honey BBQ but you can use whatever you prefer)
- Make it like Domino’s by adding onions and cilantro.
- *For exact amounts, please see recipe card below.
How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza
1. Shred cooked chicken into a bowl and set aside (can make your own or use rotisserie chicken like we did in the Alfredo Chicken Mozzarella Flatbread Pizza.)
2. Cover pizza crust or cauliflower crust with preferred BBQ Sauce.
3. Sprinkle crust with shredded chicken and pepper jack and mozzarella cheeses (you can also add provolone, cheddar and any others that you love!)
4. Bake according to directions on pizza crust package.
- 1 pre-made pizza crust or cauliflower pizza crust
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken - homemade or rotisserie
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of favorite BBQ sauce (I use sweet baby rays honey BBQ but you can use whatever you prefer)
- Make it like Domino's by adding onions and cilantro.
- Shred cooked chicken into a bowl and set aside (can make your own or use rotisserie).
- Cover pizza shell with BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle crust with shredded chicken and pepper jack and mozzarella cheeses. (you can also add provolone, cheddar and any others that you love!)
- Bake according to directions on pizza crust package.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 859Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1963mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 40g