Homemade Glitter Gak can be colored with food dye. Whether you call it slime, gak, or flubber, the kid’s will have a great time with this DIY slime.
St. Patrick’s Day Homemade Glitter Gak
A great tutorial and recipe for Homemade Glitter Gak – a fun and stretchy substance that all kids love to play with! Kids will love helping make their very own gak. It can be made to sparkle by using commercial glue that contains glitter or simply by adding the glitter yourself. Change out the food coloring for different holidays, orange gak for Halloween, brown gak for Thanksgiving, red gak for Christmas, pink gak for Valentine’s Day, and of course green gak for St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you call it slime, gak, or flubber, the kid’s will have a great time with it.
- 4 oz Bottle of White Glue (Do Not get Washable)
- ½ Teaspoon Borax
- Food Coloring
How to Make Homemade Glitter Gak
1. Pour 4 ounces of glue into a bowl. Add ½ cup warm water and mix well.
2. Add 3-4 drops of food coloring and glitter. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl add ½ teaspoon of borax to ¼ cup hot water. Mix until dissolved. Add to glue and stir well. Then mix with hands for about a minute until all liquid is gone and it becomes pliable.
4. Ready to play with or store in a Ziploc baggie.
5. Have fun stretching, rolling, pulling, and squeezing. It’ll go back to its original shape when you’re done!