Gingerbread Oreo Truffles are easy to make and taste good. Leave a plate for Santa to enjoy and he just might be bring you everything you asked for.
Gingerbread Oreo Truffles
Gingerbread Oreo Truffles are easy to make and taste good. And besides, who doesn’t love Oreo’s? Have a couple with a tall glass of cold milk makes for a great after school snack.
You can probably set aside a day for batch baking such as a Saturday to help with your holiday baking. First of all, plan for all day baking, which usually entails 8 to 10 hours of work. Ensure that any other chores are done, including the shopping, and the kitchen is clean and ready prior to baking day. Consequently it’s important to organize your recipes with some logic behind them. For example, if you need dough to rise, start that first, so that it can be rising as you are preparing other things such as cookie dough or pie crusts. Both can be put in the refrigerator or freezer after preparation while you bake the bread, then baked after you bake the bread while the oven is still hot and ready.
Gingerbread Oreo Truffles Directions
- 1 package of regular Golden Oreos (36 cookies)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 TBSP molasses
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli White melting chocolate wafers
- 1 package of Gingerbread Icing Transfers
- Using a food processor or blender, finely crush the oreos (Whole) until sand like.
- Pour crushed Oreos into a large mixing bowl
- Add the cream cheese and mix until combined
- Mix in the molasses, ginger and cinnamon and mix until combined
- Place bowl into the fridge for 3 hours until hardened
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop some of the truffle into your hand and roll into a ball
- Scoop onto a plate or cookie sheet
- Once all the truffle is rolled, place into the fridge for 20 minutes to harden
- While the truffle is in the fridge, melt the white chocolate
- Once the 20 minutes are up, dip a truffle into the chocolate
- Using a fork, coat the truffle in the chocolate and then pick up the truffle and lightly tap the edge of the pot to get the excess off.
- Put onto a wax or parchment paper covered cookie sheet
- Place a gingerbread icing transfer onto the top of the Oreo
- Repeat step with remaining truffles
- Place into the fridge to harden for 10 minutes before enjoying!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.