Bringing all your favorite flavors together with marshmallows, Golden Graham cereal and chocolate chips in this easy with the Golden Graham S’mores Bars recipe.
Golden Graham S’mores Bars Recipe
While everyone can’t go camping whenever they want, you can bring the wonderful taste of s’mores inside with this easy Golden Graham S’mores Bars recipe. Bringing all your favorite flavors together with marshmallows, Golden Graham cereal and chocolate chips in this easy with the Golden Graham S’mores Bars recipe. You can have the great flavor of camping while sitting around watching TV.
What’s great about these golden graham bars is that they make the perfect lunch snack for the kiddos or even a nice after school snack while doing some homework.
Did you know that not everyone likes s’mores? That’s right. But whether you do or whether you don’t, I have not come across a child that did not like them.
Where did S’mores Come From?
In case you had no idea where S’more came from or what it means…it means “some more”. Originating in the 1920’s and listed as a graham cracker sandwich, originally published by The Campfires Marshmallows company. Soon thereafter, more recipes started appearing in recipe booklets such as by the Girl Scouts, called “Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts”. Followed by a Betty Crocker cookbook and so many more.
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 oz) Bag Regular Marshmallows
- 1 Box of Golden Graham Cereal
- 1-2 cups Frozen Chocolate Chips (depending on taste)
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add in marshmallows and keep stirring constantly until completely melted into a marshmallow crème sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallow crème sauce and Golden Grahams until they are completely coated. Once completely coated, stir in frozen chocolate chips. (Freezing the chocolate chips will help them keep their shape)
- Grease a 9×13 pan and press S’mores down evenly with parchment paper.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.