All you need is a few Ingredients to make the Best Crock Pot shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches. Delicious Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe that you can make in the slow cooker.
Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
It’s not surprising that many home cooks consider a crock pot a “must-have” kitchen appliance. They make it so easy to prepare delicious home-cooked meals with minimal effort. They’re ideal for today’s busy, on-the-go families because they don’t require constant supervision as they go about their business of slowly cooking fabulous, fuss-free meals. As an added bonus, they keep your dishes nice and warm until you’re ready to sit down and enjoy them. You can use a regular slow cooker or Ninja Foodie to make these.
For these reasons, slow cookers are also perfect for larger gatherings of family and friends. Once you’ve assembled all your ingredients and turned the unit on, you’re free to focus on getting ready and spending time with your guests. The main challenge with a traditional slow cooker in this setting is they only allow you to prepare one dish at a time, however. This means you will either need to drastically limit your food choices - or use several individual slow cookers to pull off a more diverse menu.
These can also be made in the Instant Pot just like our Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken Breasts
- Prepared Coleslaw
- Pineapple Juice
- BBQ Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Onion sliced
- Flour, optional
How to Make BBQ Pineapple Chicken
1. Place all the ingredients, except the chicken & onion, in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put the chicken and onion in a crockpot and pour the sauce over it. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, remove it and shred it.
4. If you would like to thicken the sauce a little, you can add the flour to the sauce and mix well.
5. Add back in the shredded chicken and let cook for about another hour to let the sauce thicken up.
6. Once it is done, place a heaping spoonful on a bun and top with coleslaw.
7. Ready to serve!
- 3-4 lbs. Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz. Prepared Coleslaw
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ cups BBQ Sauce
- Cup Brown Sugar
- Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Onion sliced
- Flour, optional 2 Tbsp.
- Place all the ingredients, except the chicken & onion, in a bowl and mix well.
- Put the chicken and onion in a crockpot and pour the sauce over it. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove it and shred it.
- If you would like to thicken the sauce a little, you can add the flour to the sauce and mix well.
- Add back in the shredded chicken and let cook for about another hour to let the sauce thicken up.
- Once it is done, place a heaping spoonful on a bun and top with coleslaw.
- Ready to serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 959Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 389mgSodium 1189mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 35gProtein 142g
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!