Updated 03/12/20 - The Disney Cruise Line is suspending all new departures starting Saturday 03/14/20 as well.
Amid the Coronavirus outbreak, Disney Cruise Line has made some modifications. Many are concerned since the Grand Princess Cruise quarantine.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus Modifications
With all the news about the Coronovirus, I'm sure you are wondering whether it's safe or not to go on a cruise. As of the other day, there have been some disney Cruise Line Coronavirus Modifications. If you have a Disney Cruise Line vacation planned, then you no doubt already received the email from them.
I'm not going to lie, it's a scary thing going on. And with the quarantine that was made on the Grand Princess Cruise Ship, everyone wants to know what precautions are being taken by disney Cruise Line.
Coronavirus Restrictions on the Disney Cruise Line
Within the past couple of days, Disney Cruise Line has made some modifications. These rules apply to all guests and crew members. They are as follows:
- If you've been to, from or through China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Italy, Japan, or Iran within the past 14 days of boarding, you will not be allowed to board the disney Cruise ship.
- If you have been in contact with someone traveling these to any of the places listed above, you will not be able to board the ship.
- All guests and crew members will have their temperature taken before boarding. If the temperature is 100.4 or more, you will not be able to board the cruise ship. Also, anyone in your party will not be able to sail either.
- If you have flu like symptoms, a cough, chills, or gastrointestinal issues, you cannot sail.
- If you have visited China, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the past 20 days of arrival, you will not be able to disembark the ship at Nassau, Castaway Key or the Bahamas.
- Jamaica will not you let disembark if you've visited Singapore in addition to the countries listed above in the previous 14 days of arrival.
- You may change your reservation up until the day before you sail for 100% credit on a future Disney Cruise within 12 months.
These rules apply to disney Magic sailings through May 8, 2020, and disney Dream, disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder Sailings through May 31, 2020.
Should I Go on a Cruise
This question can only be answered by you. There seems to be huge discounts going on for cruises. The Coronavirus has an incubation period of about 2 weeks. There is another ship that is currently quarantined offshore but is scheduled to dock in California on Monday.
If you are at in one of the those people that are in the high risk category, then maybe you should think hard about whether to go or not.
What about Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Norwegian Cruise Ships and Covid-19
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises are allowing you to cancel up to two days before your trip up till July 31, 2020. You can use the credit till December 31, 2021.
Carnival allows you to cancel up until May 31, 2020. You must use the credit by March 31, 2021.
Norwegian Cruise Ships allows you to cancel up until two days before sailing up till July 31, 2020. You have up until December 31, 2022 to use your credit.
And once again, disney Cruise Line gives you till May 31, 2020 and must be used within 12 months.
In light of everything going on with the Coronavirus, it makes you wonder if it's really as bad as everyone is saying. There are still more questions than there are answers. How does it compare to the flu? There have been many deaths from the flu this year as well.
All I can think about is would be getting stuck on a cruise ship be that bad?
Leave a Reply