This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Who doesn’t love gingerbread? Especially when shaped like their favorite Disney character? And Ghirardelli Chocolate to top it off. We always stop at the Ghirardelli store at Disney Minnie Mouse Lokai and it really is my new favorite accessory. You know, since we are all missing Disney Springs to get a free sample, lol. After all, it is the THE BEST!
Mickey Gingerbread Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
- Sweet cream butter,
- Light brown sugar
- Dark Molasses
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
- Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- Wilton holly sprinkles
- Cookie cutter: Mickey Mouse head
- **For exact amounts, please see recipe card below.
How to Make Mickey Gingerbread Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper set aside.
Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
Add in the molasses and beat on medium high speed until combined.
Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined.
Lightly flour a cutting board and place dough onto the cutting board.
Roll dough out to 1 inch thick.
Using the cookie cutter cut out the mickey head.
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack completely.
Once cooled, remove cookie and bake the remaining dough.
When all have been baked and cooled, melt the chocolate using a double boiler.
Dip the cookies about 1/4 of the way in, coating the ears.
Lightly shake the cookie to get the excess off.
Let chocolate harden completely before enjoying.
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter,
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 2/3 C dark Molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 8 oz bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 container of Wilton holly melody sprinkles
- Cookie cutter: Mickey Mouse head
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add in the molasses and beat on medium high speed until combined.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves together until combined.
- On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and place dough onto the cutting board.
- Roll dough out to 1 inch thick.
- Using the cookie cutter cut out the mickey head.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool on a wire rack completely.
- When cooled, remove cookie and bake the remaining dough.
- Once all have been baked and cooled, melt the chocolate using a double boiler.
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate about 1/4 of the way in, coating the ears.
- Lightly shake the cookie to get the excess off.
- Place onto a cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper.
- Using tweezers, place two holly sprinkles and 3 red berry sprinkles onto the top right corner.
- Let chocolate harden completely before enjoying.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Steel Double Boiler Pot for Melting Chocolate, Candy and Candle Making (18/8 Steel, 2 Cup Capacity, 480ML)
Checkered Chef Cooling Racks For Baking - Quarter Size - Stainless Steel Cooling Rack/Baking Rack Set of 2 - Oven Safe Wire Racks Fit Quarter Sheet Pan - Small Grid Perfect To Cool and Bake
Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - Amazon Exclusive 12 inch - 60 Square Feet
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Checkered Chef Baking Sheet and Rack Set - Aluminum Cookie Sheet Tray/Half Sheet Pan for Baking with Stainless Steel Oven Safe Cooling Rack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Disney tickets available from an authorized seller.