The Cherry Pie Cookie Cups recipe is my favorite cherry recipe and are like mini cherry pies. Cherry sugar cookie cups are filled with cherry pie filling.
Cherry Pie Cookie Cups Recipe
Forget apple pie, cherry pie is truly American. And, today happens to be National Cherry Pie Day. Instead of making a traditional cherry pie to celebrate, why not try these cherry pie cookie cups. These are a great spin on the classic cherry pie and are a fun new way to enjoy the classic flavors. Plus, who doesn’t love cookies? Of course, if you don’t like cherries, no worries. You can make these with any pie flavor you love. By the way, these are great warm served on top of some vanilla ice cream. Just in case you have any left over. 😉
Yields: 1 dozen
Cherry Sugar Cookie Cups Ingredients
- 12 count mini muffin pan
- 1 (16.5 oz) Pillsbury slice and bake sugar cookie roll
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- Wilton cookie icing
Mini Cherry Pie Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or spray mini muffin pan with a non-stick coating.
2. Slice the cookie dough roll into 6 (1/2 inch) slices (you will have 1/2 of the roll left in case you want to double the recipe). Cut each slice in half and roll into 1 inch balls.
3. Place the sugar cookie dough balls into each muffin tin cup and bake according to package directions (14-18 minutes) or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven. If there are some cookie cups that did not naturally form an indentation during the baking process, use a teaspoon to gently press down in the middle.
5. Allow the cookie cups to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
6. After that fill each cup with 2 Tablespoons of cherry pie filling.
7. Generously drizzle the cookie icing on top of each cherry cookie cup.
8. In conclusion….just ENJOY!!
*Chill until ready to serve!
Nutritional values may vary depending on products used. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Did you make this recipe?
Nutritional values may vary depending on products used.
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Don’t forget to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.