The Dirt Worm Bark recipe is a fun recipe that you will love on National Dark Chocolate Day! Lowering your blood pressure is a benefit of dark chocolate.
Dirt Worm Bark Recipe
It’s National Dark Chocolate Day! Unfortunately, not everyone is a fan of dark chocolate including my husband. However, besides being very nutritious and filled with antioxidants, dark chocolate has many benefits including possibly lowering your blood pressure. Dark chocolate can also improve your brain function, may protect your skin from the sun, and can reduce heart disease. I like to think of dark chocolate as a superfood. I am fortunate that my cholesterol is good, but unfortunate that I have high blood pressure. Therefore, I try to eat dark chocolate often because after all….it’s good for you right? 😉
While many kids that will be eating the Dirt Worm Bark aren’t going to care about something like that, it’s still nice to know for the adults that will be eating this yummy, fun recipe.
Dark Chocolate Dirt Worm Bark Ingredients
- 1 bag of dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 Cup crushed Oreos
- 1/4 Cup brown M&M’s
- 1 bag of sour gummy worms
- 2 pots for a double broiler
- 1 cookie sheet
- wax paper
How to make Dirt Worm Bark
1. Add water to the bottom of the two pots and place on the stove on high until water is boiling.
2. Place the other pot on top, filled with the chocolate wafers.
3. Once melted, pour onto the wax paper fitted cookie sheet.
4. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos.
5. Sprinkle the M&M’s.
6. Randomly place the gummy worms.
7. Place into fridge for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Serving Size: 1/5
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 118mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 21g Protein: 2g
In addition be sure to check out our Valentines Day treats.