Perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day, this Patriotic Flag Fruit Pizza Recipe is an easy dessert pizza that makes an American Flag with fresh berries.
Flag Fruit Pizza Recipe
It seems like it was just Christmas and New Year. But here we are almost entering May and the start of summer. I’m not sure if Memorial Day is the start of the summer season or the 4th of July is. Nevertheless, this Flag Fruit Cookie Pizza is perfect for your summertime get together. Sugar cookie crust, sweet topping, blueberries and strawberries make this a perfect holiday dessert recipe!
Flag Fruit Cookie Pizza Ingredients
- Sugar cookie dough
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Fruit for decorating: strawberries, blueberries,
- Whipped topping
How to Make an American Flag Fruit Dessert
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Bake the cookie for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is not jiggly. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
5. You want to prepare the fruit for decorating the cookie. Therefore, make sure fruit is washed, dried, and sliced with an egg slicer.
6. Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over the cookie. After that, decorate as desired with fruit.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve. However, it is best if served immediately.
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fruit for decorating: strawberries, blueberries, whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On the parchment, press the cookie dough into a large egg-shape. Use flour or powdered sugar to keep your hands from sticking.
- Bake the cookie for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is not jiggly. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Prepare the fruit for decorating the cookie. Make sure fruit is washed, dried, and sliced (if needed).
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over the cookie. Decorate as desired with fruit.
- Place whipping topping in a piping bag fitted with an open star tip. Create white stripes with the whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best if served immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Extra Large Cupcake/Cake Decorating Tip Set, 4 XL Classic Stainless Steel Professional Icing Tips for DIY Frosting
- Wilton Cupcake Decorating Icing Tips, 12-Piece Set
- Mainstay 33112 Egg Slicer with Stainless Steel Wires
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
- OXO 1169600 Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Set, White Bowls Brown Handles, Blue/Green/Yellow
- Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper - Amazon Exclusive 12 inch - 60 Square Feet
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!