Pumpkin Spice Pancakes recipe has the taste of pumpkin spice swirled with cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese glaze. It’s the perfect way to start off the fall season.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Recipe
With actual pumpkin spice season starting in a few days (September 1st), why not start the day out with a yummy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes recipe has the taste of pumpkin spice swirled with cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese glaze. It’s the perfect way to start off the fall season.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients
- Pancake batter with half of oil/butter replaced with pumpkin puree
- (OR from scratch:)
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White sugar
- Butter, melted – substitute 1/2 of the butter with 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree)
- Brown sugar
Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients
- Butter, room temperature
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk, optionally, to thin out
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups preferred pancake batter with half of oil/butter replaced with pumpkin puree
- (OR from scratch:)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- White sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 1/4 cups
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted - substitute 1/2 of the butter with 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree)
- Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Butter, room temperature - 4 Tablespoons
- Cream cheese, room temperature - 2 Tablespoons
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- + milk, optionally, to thin out
- Start out by making the cinnamon swirl mixture. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside to cool.
- Heat your pancake skillet, add oil or nonstick spray if necessary.
- Make your pancake batter by stirring together all pancake ingredients with a wooden spoon. Scoop a 1/3 to 1/2 cup portion onto the skillet.
- As the pancake starts to cook, spoon the cinnamon swirl mixture into a piping bag or plastic bag. Once the pancake is almost fully cooked on one side, snip off the end of the bag and add a swirl of cinnamon on top of the cooking pancake. Allow the cinnamon mixture to set for at least one minute before flipping and cooking full on the other side.
- Repeat for all pancakes. Meanwhile, whip together the cream cheese glaze. You can drizzle this over the pancakes with a spoon or with an additional piping bag - your choice.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles,Black
Utopia Kitchen 11 Inch Nonstick Frying Pan - Induction Bottom - Aluminum Alloy and Scratch Resistant Body - Riveted Handle - Dishwasher Friendly
Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 2-burner - Propane Fueled - Restaurant Grade - Professional Quality
Wooden Spoons, 6 Pieces 9 Inch Wood Soup Spoons for Eating Mixing Stirring, Long Handle Spoon with Japanese Style Kitchen Utensil, ADLORYEA Eco Friendly Table Spoon
Cupcake Cake Decorating Bags Pastry Bag Piping Bag Disposable Cake Icing Decorating Piping Bags Set For Cake Decorating Reusable For Cookies Small 100PCS With 6 Decorating Tips 2 Coupler (12 inch)
Pancake & Cupcake Batter Dispenser - Perfect Baking Tool for Cupcakes, Waffles, Muffin Mix, Crepes, Cake or Any Baked Goods - KPKitchen Easy Pour Home Food Gadget - Bakeware Maker with Measuring Label
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 1222mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 13g
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!