Whether you are looking for the treat for the kids party or the cookie exchange, the Mickey Reindeer Cake Pops are a treat the kids and adults will love.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Mickey Reindeer Cake Pops
Have you thought about simplifying Christmas? What I mean is to have a holiday season without the stress, without going all out on decorations, events, and gifts. Consider celebrating a much simpler Christmas this year.
By scaling back and focusing on the more spiritual side of this holiday, you just might find more joy this season. As an added bonus, when you keep things simple, you have a lot more time to enjoy everything this special time of the year has to offer.
Mickey Cake Pop Ingredients
Makes 15 cake balls
- Chocolate cake mix
- Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- chocolate frosting
- Wilton Rudolph reindeer treats
- red M&M’s
- cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- cupcake pan fitted with cupcake liners
- **For exact amounts, please see recipe card below.
How to Make Mickey Cake Pops
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Following the back of the cake box directions, prepare cupcakes as directed.
Mix in 1 1/2 spoonful of frosting until combined. Your cupcake mixture should resemble cookie dough texture.
Put a wafer into each corner of the cake balls where ears would go. Repeat steps with remaining cupcakes and chocolate wafers. Place onto cookie sheet fitted with the parchment paper. When done, place into the freezer for overnight.
Finally, Place two antlers into the top part of the head on the corner of the ears. Carefully place a red M&M into the center of the cake ball for the nose.
Let dry for for 30 minutes before enjoying!
- Box of Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix
- C water
- 1/2 C oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 packages of Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- Container of chocolate frosting
- Package of wilton Rudolph reindeer treats
- 15 red M&M's
- Cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Cupcake pan fitted with cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Following the back of the cake box directions, prepare cupcakes as directed.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way and bake for 21 minutes.
- Once baked, place onto a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes for cupcake pan and continue to cool until complete cool.
- In a large bowl, remove cupcake liners and place cupcakes into the bowl, about 5 cupcakes at a time.
- With your hands, crumb up the cupcakes into fine crumbs.
- Mix in 1 1/2 spoonful of frosting until combined.
- Your cupcake mixture should resemble cookie dough texture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop mixture into your hands and roll into a ball.
- Add 1 package of Ghirardelli chocolate, pair up 2 wafers with each cake ball for the ears.
- Put a wafer into each corner of the cake balls where ears would go.
- Repeat steps with remaining cupcakes and chocolate wafers.
- Place onto cookie sheet fitted with the parchment paper.
- When done, place into the freezer for overnight.
- In a double boiler, melt the second bag of milk chocolate wafers.
- Once chocolate is melted, take cake balls out of freezer.
- Peel off a cake ball off the parchment paper.
- Dip the whole cake ball into the chocolate.
- Very lightly shake off excess chocolate and then place back onto the cookie sheet.
- Place two antlers into the top part of the head on the corner of the ears.
- Carefully place a red M&M into the center of the cake ball for the nose.
- Let dry for for 30 minutes before enjoying!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Merckens Coating Wafers Melting Wafers Cocoa Lite Milk 10 pounds
Steel Double Boiler Pot for Melting Chocolate, Candy and Candle Making (18/8 Steel, 2 Cup Capacity, 480ML)
Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa | 3 lb. | Baking & Desserts
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop, Silver
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup, STANDARD, Silver
Seasonal Cupcake Liners, 300-Count
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!