These Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and fluffy, with a delicious peppermint flavor and rich chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate, this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Christmas is just around the corner, and that means it's time to start baking!
These Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat for your holiday party.
They're soft and fluffy, with a delicious peppermint flavor and rich chocolate chips.
When most people think of Christmas cookies, they probably think of classic sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles.
But if you're looking for a new twist on the traditional Christmas cookie, why not try peppermint chocolate chip cookies?
About Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
These cookies are deliciously chocolatey with a hint of peppermint flavor, and they're perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
There is an endless supply of amazing cookies to choose from every which way you turn!
Some favorites include peppermint chocolate chip cookies or even just as snacks during the day while watching your favorite Christmas movie on Hallmark before bedtime.
However, they always end up being a huge hit at any gathering situation where anyone loves anything remotely related (in their opinion) to flavor combinations like this one does wonders together.
Plus, they're really easy to make - all you need is a bowl, a spoon, and a baking sheet!
So why not give peppermint chocolate chip cookies a try this holiday season? You won't be disappointed.
Makes 24 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Peppermint Chocolate Cookies Ingredients
- All-purpose flour - All-purpose flour is one of the most versatile types of flour. It can be used in a variety of recipes, from pancakes to pies. If you're looking for flour that can do it all, all-purpose flour is the way to go.
- Baking soda - Baking soda. Most people have it in their pantries, but few know all its uses. In cooking, baking soda can be used as a leavening agent.
- Baking powder - Baking powder is a crucial ingredient in many baked goods recipes. It helps those goods to rise and attain their desired shape.
- Salt - Salt is one of the most important ingredients in cooking. It enhances flavor, preserves food, and regulates temperature. Without salt, food would be bland and unappetizing.
- Butter - Butter's natural flavor-enhancing properties make it a key ingredient in many savory and sweet dishes.
- Sugar - Not only does sugar provide sweetness, it can also add flavor and texture to food.
- Brown sugar - Brown sugar has a unique flavor that sets it apart from other sugars. Its richness and depth of flavor make it a perfect choice for baking and cooking.
- Vanilla - Pure vanilla extract is one of the most common flavoring agents used in baking. It's made by macerating and soaking vanilla beans in alcohol and water. The resulting liquid is highly concentrated and has a deep, rich flavor.
- Egg - Eggs are a great source of protein and can be enjoyed in many different ways.
- Dark chocolate chips - Do you love the rich, Deep flavor of dark chocolate? Most people do, and that's why dark chocolate chips are so popular! they're perfect for adding a touch of decadence to your favorite recipes.
- Crushed peppermint candy - The crushed candy canes lightly sprinkled on top made the perfect decoration for the festive season. They are deliciously crunchy and add a lovely sweetness to each bite.
- For exact amounts, please see the printable recipe card below.
More Peppermint Recipes
- No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe - This no-bake Christmas Peppermint Cheesecake recipe with Christmas Tree Meringues is perfect for holiday parties.
- Peppermint Cake Mix Cookie Recipe - The easy-to-bake Peppermint Cake Mix Cookie recipe is made with a box of chocolate cake mix.
- Boozy Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe - This boozy peppermint hot chocolate will warm you up on these cold winter days and nights when all you want is something sweet and comforting!
- Microwave Peppermint Fudge Recipe - This microwave peppermint fudge recipe is made with just four ingredients, in five minutes, it’s the perfect holiday candy and no oven is required.
- No-Churn Peppermint Ice Cream Recipe - Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or just want some festive desserts for your family, this no-churn Peppermint Ice Cream Recipe is sure to be a hit.
- White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies - The Homemade White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies are one of my family’s favorites.
- Peppermint Cookie Bar - Chocolate, Vanilla and peppermint make for a yummy Christmas cookie that everyone will love.
- Chocolate Peppermint Bread Recipe - This rich Chocolate Peppermint Bread is perfect for the holiday with chocolate ganache topped with crushed candy canes.
- Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies - The Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies is just one of the many easy cookies we like to make for the cookie exchange.
How to Make Peppermint Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla and egg and beat to combine.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until a thick dough forms.
Next, fold in the dark chocolate chips and peppermint candy.
Finally, using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving around one inch between each cookie for spreading.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
Afterward, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
It just feels like Christmas with those two flavors combined together for one delicious bite after another!
So what are you waiting for? Peppermint chocolate chip cookies are the perfect way to add some excitement to your holiday baking this year, and they're so easy to make!
So preheat your oven, grab a bowl and spoon, and get ready to bake up a batch of deliciousness.
Your family and friends will thank you - and so will your taste buds!
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and peppermint candy.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out the dough and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving around one inch between each cookie for spreading.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 29mgSodium 187mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 2g
Nutrition may vary depending on the products used.
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.