This vegetable is such a great source of those non-saturated fats that are good for you, and it's also high in protein. Here are eight avocado ideas.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Eight Avocado Ideas
When it comes to avocado, do you think guacamole? Well, there are more ways to enjoy avocado than just in Mexican dishes. And if you aren't eating more avocado, then you really should start. This vegetable is such a great source of those non-saturated fats that are good for you, and it's also high in protein. It's a filling and buttery-tasting vegetable (or fruit?) that you will surely want to be eating on a regular basis. So if you were unsure about avocado before, then try out some of these ideas for cooking avocado.
Eight Uses for Avocado
1. Have it in a Daiquiri - That's right, you don't need to eat it. A tasty cooling drink might be just the thing. And who doesn't love a little rum? So for an adult beverage made with a healthy avocado, give this a go. You'll need rum (of course), avocado, half and half, fresh lemon or lime juice, simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water), and ice. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
2. Avocado salad - Add tomatoes, onion, olives, cilantro, Jalapēno pepper, oil, lime juice, cumin and salt to a bowl and mix well. Let sit for 15 minutes then mix in avocado which has been pitted and cut into chunks. Put some mixed greens on a plate and place a mound of the avocado mixture in the center. Add some grilled shrimp or chicken to this dish for a little added flair. You can really add avocado to just about any salad, though. Just slice it up and put it on top.
3. Avocado soup - Combine some cucumber, avocados, vegetable broth, yogurt, milk, chopped onion, lemon juice, and vinegar in a blender. Puree these ingredients together and season with some salt and pepper. Chill for at least four hours.
4. Avocado burrito or taco - One of the benefits of avocado is it tastes great when not cooked. So just add the avocado to a burrito or taco.
- Avocado Slicer
- Avocado a Day Recipe Book
- Avocado Keeper
- Avocado Oil
- Avocado Sauce
- Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Fresh Avocados
5. Try a veggie smoothie with avocado - For something the whole family can enjoy, combine apple, avocado, spinach, plain yogurt, egg whites, raspberries, water, and ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
6. Tuna and avocado - Cut open an avocado and remove the pit. Spoon tuna fish into the center where the crater was left with the pit removed. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the tuna. You can also spread the avocado on a slice of bread and top with tuna and onion.
7. Avocado sandwiches - Instead of lettuce and tomato on your sandwich, add slices of avocado to any sandwich. Turkey, chicken, and even egg is yummy with avocado added.
8. Avocado and tomato soup - Instead of just plain old tomato soup, make it a tomato and avocado soup. Just make your favorite tomato soup and top it with avocado and some yogurt.
Since avocado doesn't need to be cooked to taste good, you can add slices of avocado to just about any dish you can imagine. Stand alone or mixed with other ingredients and spices, it is sure to please. What's your favorite way to eat avocado?
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!
Leave a Reply